MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

102 Georgia counties elgibile for federal assistance with Irma repairs

Houston County Irma damage / Emily Swecker (WGXA)

BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- Additional federal assistance is now available in 102 Georgia counties to help in Hurricane Irma recovery.

The state of Georgia, local governments and certain private nonprofits are eligible for help with costs to repair and replace infrastructure damage under the Public Assistance program.

Middle Georgia counties eligible are:

  • Baldwin
  • Butts
  • Crawford
  • Crisp
  • Hancock
  • Houston
  • Jones
  • Lamar
  • Laurens
  • Macon
  • Monroe
  • Peach
  • Putnam
  • Taylor
  • Telfair
  • Toombs
  • Treutlen
  • Washington
  • Wheeler

Under the program, federal reimbursement is provided for projects to repair or replace areas like hospitals, schools, fire and police stations, parks, roads and bridges. FEMA will pay at least 75 percent of the cost. The other 25 percent is normally covered by the state or locals.

Trending