MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Neighbors helping woman burned out of Houston Co. home on Christmas Eve

The woman who lived her was gone when the fire started/WGXA/Matt Mackie

HOUSTON COUNTY, Ga.-- Neighbors said they are helping a woman who lost her home Christmas Eve to a fire.

Firefighters said Deborah Morris Miley was out of town for the holiday when her hose on Pickworth Lane burned down.

No one was hurt.

WGXA News checked with firefighters Tuesday to see if they determined a cause, but we were told no one was available at the time.

Neighbor Linda Wynn said Tuesday her grandson saw the flames Sunday night and called for help.

"It was just unbelievable. It was so high it was above the trees. I have never in my life seen such a thing. It scared me so bad I don't even remember", Wynn said.

Friends and neighbors set up a crowdfunding page to raise money to help Miley.

You can donate by clicking here.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending