LAURENS COUNTY, Ga. -- Laurens County has issued a curfew starting at midnight Thursday ahead of Hurricane Michael.
It will last until noon Thursday.
RELATED: LAURENS CO. PREPARING TO GET THE WORST OF HURRICANE MICHAEL IN THE MIDSTATE
"Help each other, let us know any problems you're having any problems, look out for your neighbors," said Lance Jones, Dublin city manager. "At this point, the best thing you can do is batten down the hatches...make sure your car's not parked under a tree. Just get on inside tonight and stay inside tomorrow until this thing passes over."
Curfews in place:
- Pulaski County will also implement a curfew starting at 9 p.m. Wednesday. There is currently no expiration to it.
- Bleckley County also has a curfew from 9 p.m. Wednesday until 9 p.m. Thursday.
- The City of Byron will be under a curfew from 11 p.m. Wednesday until 7 a.m. Thursday.
- The city of Cochran (in Bleckley County) has a curfew from 8 p.m. Wednesday until 8 p.m. Thursday. The city has also issued a state of emergency from 12 p.m. Wednesday until 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
- Milledgeville and Baldwin County beginning at 11 p.m. Wednesday until further notice.
- Dooly County has implemented a curfew from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Crisp County curfew from 8 p.m. Wednesday until further notice.
- Sumter County EMA has issued a mandatory curfew from 5 p.m. Wednesday to 9 a.m. Thursday. The county has a shelter at First Baptist Church located at 221 S. Lee St. in Americus (EMA said the shelter is intended for those who are homeless or live in mobile homes).
- Taylor County (including the city of Reynolds) has a curfew of 7 p.m. Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday
- Twiggs County will have a curfew in effect from 12 a.m. through 7 a.m. Thursday
- The city of Dublin has issued a curfew from 12 a.m. - 12 p.m. Thursday
- Irwin County has implemented a curfew through 12 p.m. Thursday. Officials said first responders will not go to calls when winds are 40 miles per hour and above.
Check back here for more curfews from around the area.