UPDATE: Middle Georgia Christmas parade cancellations
MACON, Ga. -- A number of Christmas parades in Middle Georgia are cancelling or rescheduling their events this weekend because of expected strong storms, according to parade organizers and city officials.
The cancelled parades include:
- Warner Robins: Organizers have canceled the Christmas parade but have not responded to WGXA's calls on if it's been rescheduled.
- Perry: Organizers said they're planning to reschedule for Saturday, December 15 at 4 p.m.
- Byron: Organizers said they will not reschedule this year's parade.
- Fort Valley: City officials said their parade is rescheduled for Friday at 5 p.m.
- Bolingbroke: Organizers said they will not reschedule this year's parade.
- Vidalia: Annual Vidalia Christmas Parade has been canceled and won't reschedule, according to the city's downtown association.
- Jones County: The chamber of commerce says Christmas on Main is not canceled, but moved indoors next to Harvey's Supermarket at 206 West Clinton St.
- Montezuma Christmas Parade: The Montezuma Christmas Parade has been cancelled Saturday due to the weather, the police department says.
- Unadilla Christmas Parade: Officials say Saturday's parade scheduled for noon has been cancelled due to weather.
- Eatonton Christmas Parade: Officials say Saturday's parade has been cancelled due to weather.
- Centerville Christmas Parade: Officials say Saturday's parade has been cancelled due to weather.
Parades that are still pending include:
- Pulaski County: The chamber of commerce said organizers are waiting until early afternoon Saturday to make a decision.
- Crawford County: The chamber of commerce will decide by 11 a.m. Saturday on canceling or rescheduling Roberta's Christmas parade.
Check here for other holiday events throughout Middle Georgia, get information on the Main Street Christmas Lights Extravaganza happening in downtown Macon and find out more about the 2018 Main Street Macon Christmas Parade.