Spalding Co. man wanted for multiple charges found hiding in apartment
GRIFFIN, Ga. -- Griffin police served a probation warrant and arrested a man on multiple gang-related and other charges on Wednesday, a release from the department says.
Police with the department's Criminal Apprehension and Gang Enforcement Unit and the Special Investigations Unit arrested Brandon Thomas without incident at an apartment in the 900 block of S. Hill St.
The release says that when looking for Thomas, officers noticed a front door of the one of the apartment units kicked in - Thomas was found hiding inside the unit.
Police says that while searching the apartment, officers found a backpack with a stolen gun and nine ounces of marijuana. Over $1,600 in cash was discovered next to the backpack and is pending seizure, the release says.
Thomas is being held at the Spalding County Sheriff's Office on the following charges:
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Theft by receiving a stolen firearm
- Possession of more than one ounce of marijuana
- Possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
- Criminal trespass (damage to property)
- Three counts of violation of Georgia's Criminal Street Gang Terrorism Prevention Act