Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Georgia residents
who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WGXA viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc.,
Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or
provides other services to television broadcast station WGXA (the "Station"),
their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local
television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies,
and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate
family" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and
grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per
contest. To be eligible, you or anyone in your household can not have won any
contest on WGXA within any 30 day period preceding a call for entries.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household.
2. From time to time, viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line
at a particular time or times during "WGXA Morning News" which airs weekdays
from 5:30am ET to 7am ET on channel 24.2 and from 7am ET to 9am ET on
channel 24.1. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be
announced (e.g. first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer).
3. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest
may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a
time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions
or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
4. Winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls
are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of
the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls
were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
5. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to
Station to record and/or broadcast contestant's telephone call. All entries received
from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair
Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station. Poorly
connected or disconnected cellular phone calls may be disqualified. Calls for
contestants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is
heard on the phone line, the contestant/qualifier or winner will be the first person
to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random
drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or
programming equipment by telephone company employees is in violation of
contest rules and is not permitted. Due to any time delay between the Station's
over-the-air signal and the Station's online webcast or streaming, viewers who
watch the Station's online stream may hear a cue to call later than viewers
watching the Station's over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an
online/mobile viewer being able to enter or become a winner may be diminished.
1. The number of winner(s) to be selected and the applicable prize(s) will be
announced when calls are solicited. Winner(s) will be notified of the estimated
retail value of the prize(s), which shall not exceed $50.
2. Winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes,
winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station
at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit
of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. If a winner is
a minor, then the winner's parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of
eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) must show
picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine
additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize
based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 working days will constitute forfeiture of the
prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner
will not be accepted.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole
discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar
value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on
prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless
of the number of contests entered on WGXA or their web site.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair
Communications, LLC, are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails
to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair
Communications, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or
indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right
to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that
you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received and the order
in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal
business hours at WGXA Television, 599 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., 31201
and on the Station's website www.wgxa.tv .
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to
WGXA Television, 599 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., 31201with your request
for the winners list for that contest (indicate what the contest was held).
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where
prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and
Sinclair Communications, LLC accept no responsibility or liability in connection
with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the
acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the
aforementioned contest dates.